newbie - How do I import automatically?

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Thu Nov 17 05:21:40 EST 2005

Thanks to "Serge Orlov" for the hint:
   "run C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib>idle.py -h"

Following works for me now
if I start IDLE by following console command:

C:\Python24\pythonw.exe C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib\idle.py -c "import os;from
path import path"

The IDLE console prompt appears in the second line
(so -c "import os;from path import path"
probably fakes execution of an input line)
and os and path modules are available for usage.

To be honest I don't like this solution and the solution with setting any
environment variable.
I would be much more happy to understand how I can modify PyShell.py or
another script file IDLE uses in order to achieve same effect.

Claudio

news:1132085329.154028.71780 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...