Using Which Version of Linux

Terrance N. Phillip mediocre_person at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:25:47 EST 2005

Jeffrey Schwab wrote:

> I might get lambasted for suggesting this, but try Slackware.  It will
> let you do a very minimal installation, which means there's less stuff
> that can go wrong.  It also has nice, beginner-friendly FAQs to help you
> get started.  Like the other distros already suggested, it comes with
> the graphical desktop environments Gnome and KDE, too.
What I like about Slackware/python is that you get the full python
distribution. My last experience with Debian & subordinates was that
only the "core" python was included with the distribution, and a bit of
hunting was required to get Tkinter working. Maybe this has improved in
the last year or two?

Nick