Python as a HTTP Client

David Rasmussen david.rasmussen at gmx.net
Thu Nov 10 14:08:03 EST 2005

James Tanis wrote:
> If you haven't discovered www.python.org yet I suggest going there :P.
> You will find there the documentation you need under the conspicuous
> name library reference. Specifically the modules you'd probably most
> be interested in are urllib/urllib2/httplib depending on what you
> need. Their may be other external modules which fit your task even
> better, try doing a search through the Python Package Index..

To both you and Frederik:

I do know about www.python.org. I do an extensive amount of googling in
general and searching at python.org before I ask questions such as this.
I did stumble upon urllib, urllib2 and httplib in the documentation, but
let me assure you, as a newbie, that finding this documentation doesn't
make one go "ah, this is what I was looking for". Specifically, I can't
see from reference documentation whether something even smarter or more
highlevel exists. Fuzzyman's link did the trick. It also helped me
(after reading his articles) to understand the reference documentation
better.

/David