[ x for x in xrange(10) when p(x) ]

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:05:33 EST 2005

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> bonono at gmail.com wrote:

> >>[0, 1]
> >
> > thanks. that is what I am doing now, in a more generic form :
> >
> > takewhile(p, (x for x in xrange(100000000)))
>
> How does a useless generator expression make it more generic?

xrange is only picked as an example. I may be newbie on python but not
that dumb if all I want is a list of integer(sorted) that meets certain
criteria.

takewhile(p, (x for x in
some_function_that_could_potentially_generate_a_long_list_of_elements_but_first_element_that_meets_the_condition_can_come_fast(*args,**kwargs)))