pyext - google

tim tim.vets at skynet.be
Sun Nov 27 08:35:54 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm playing around with the python external for PureData. (pyext)
I want to enable a patch to lookup something on the net.
I modified the "search.py" example from Dive Into Python and kind of
pasted it into the simple.py example from the pyext docs to be loaded in
a pd patch.
sends messages back, so I think on the pd side I've got it set up right.
If I call my "srch" function (see script) I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/pd/scripts\\searchggl.py", line 86, in srch_1
    res = searchgoogle(q)
  File "c:/pd/scripts\\searchggl.py", line 101, in searchgoogle
    results = _server.doGoogleSearch(
  File "C:\\Python24\\lib\\site-packages\\SOAPpy\\Client.py", line 470,
in __call__
    return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
  File "C:\\Python24\\lib\\site-packages\\SOAPpy\\Client.py", line 492,
in __r_call
    self.__hd, self.__ma)
  File "C:\\Python24\\lib\\site-packages\\SOAPpy\\Client.py", line 406,
in __call
    raise p
SOAPpy.Types.faultType: <Fault SOAP-ENV:Client: No Deserializer found to
deserialize a 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:Symbol' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.>

attached are the original search.py script, and my modified pd-pyext
version.

Any clues appreciated!
Tim