How to read all files in a directory

Hung Vo hungbichvo at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 10:42:54 EST 2005

Hello Larry,

Thanks a lot for your response. It helps me a lot.

I used your suggestion and got an error:
    path=r'C:\datafiles\'
                                ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string

Then, I changed just a little bit and it works fine.
I set path='C:\\datafiles\\' instead of path=r'C:\datafiles\'

Again Larry, I appreciate your suggestion

Hung Vo.

Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com> wrote:
Not tested:

import glob
import os
path=r'C:\datafiles\'
for fileName in glob.glob(os.path.join(path,'*.DAT')):
dataFile=open(fileName, 'r').readlines()
.
. Continue yur code here
.

-Larry Bates