Help!!! On Tkinter Menu problem!!!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 30 05:42:15 EST 2005

Xuening wrote:
> I have a problem about menu by using Tkinter. I want to make a dynamic
> menu. That is when I create a new view/window, one menuitem will be
> added to the menu. and when I kill a window, the correponding menuitem
> will be deleted. I write a simple code and I can add menuitem now. But
> I don't know how to remove the item when I close the window.

[code snipped]

> Maybe I should bind something to <destroy> event. Everytime I close the
> window, the name of the window should be removed from the windowList
> and refresh the all the menuitems again. But I don't know how and
> where to add the "destroy" event. Can anyone give me a hand????
>
> Thanks a lot!!

Well first of all I presume you understand that menus have a delete
method, so you can remove items. If not, see "delete()" in

   http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/menu.htm

Are these top-level windows you are deleting? If so, look under
"Protocol" in

   http://effbot.org/zone/tkinter-events-and-bindings.htm

for details of how to handle WM_DELETE_WINDOW. The handler for each
window can delete the appropriate menu item.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119