python speed

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Wed Nov 30 14:23:28 EST 2005

David Rasmussen wrote:
> Frithiof Andreas Jensen wrote:
>

>> From the speed requirement: Is that correspondance chess by any chance??
>>

> Regular chess at tournament time controls requires speed too. Any pure
> Python chess program would lose badly to the best C/C++ programs out
> there now.
>
> I would also like to see Half Life 2 in pure Python.

There's nothing like "pure" Python. Python depends on a lot of libs,
most of them being coded in C++ or C (or assembly FWIW). The common
scheme is to use Python for the logic and low-level libs for the
critical parts.

And FWIW, I'd like to see any similar game in "pure" Java !-)

--
bruno desthuilliers