IDLE question

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Thu Nov 17 06:27:42 EST 2005

now a patch fixing it I have no good feeling about, but it works:

in PyShell.py in
    def restart_subprocess(self):

insert in section:
"
        console.showprompt()
        # restart subprocess debugger

        # (-Patch)
        # making additional modules available in IDLE directly after
re-start of it:
        self.runsource("import os; from path import path")
        # (Patch-)

        if debug:
"
This will provide the modules also after restart.

Hope this will not crash elsewhere because of unexpected effects of
inserting the runsource() method at that point in the code without any other
commands which are maybe necessary to keep IDLE consistent.

So IDLE experts, HELP PLEASE !!!

Claudio

news:1132221788.888868.8370 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...