Python-based Document Management System?

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Thu Nov 10 08:43:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for a Python-based DMS, but I don't know any.
The following points are relevant:

- suitable for 10..100 users with more than 10000 documents

- documents are mostly proprietary formats: MS Word, MS Excel,
  MS PowerPoint, but maybe also: PDF, HTML, DocBook, ...

- typical DMS features: access control, archive older
  versions, search/query, document hierarchy, web frontend

I have heard of DocMGR, MyDMS, and OWL, which are all PHP-based.
A Python-based DMS would allow me to add new features easily.

Thanks for hints!

Cheers, WB (please CC me)