windows paging Q

Gerry Blais gerard.blais at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:08:47 EST 2005

I'm running a Python program (1000 by 1000 grid, all source shortest
path, running time currently in days)  in Python 2.4 under XP.

System memory usage according to the task manager is steady at 500 MB
out of 1 GB physical memory.

My program has a memory usage of 30 MB according to the task manager,
and is doing 1000+ page faults / second (page fault delta, high speed
refresh rate).

With memory available, any idea why I'm paging so much, and what I
might do about it?

The Python script's getting 97%+ CPU use according to the TM - maybe
that suggests  paging is not a factor in elapsed time, anyway?

Tx,

Gerry