Goto XY

Chris F.A. Johnson cfajohnson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:11:07 EST 2005

On 2005-11-09, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2005-11-09, Chris F.A. Johnson <cfajohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there some command in python so that I can read a key's input and
>>> then use a gotoxy() function to move the cursor on screen?  e.g.:
>>> (psuedo-code)
>>
>> You can use curses, but that may be more trouble than it's worth.
>
> In which case you could always use tput -- and it will still be
> portable.

   Not necessarily. There are differences in tput from system to
   system, not to mention how much it slows things down to call it for
   every sequence you need.

   Then there are some old systems which don't have tput.

--
  Chris F.A. Johnson                   | Author:
  <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>          |      Shell Scripting Recipes: