Python obfuscation

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 19:25:11 EST 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:

> Alex's solution doesn't require special treatment for disaster
> recovery and/or planning, and as such is a valid answer to the

I'm not sure I understand this.  I would assume that any software (or,
for that matter, data) of any substantial importance, worthy of being
deployed on a server, does include disaster planning (and recovery
plans, in particular) as a routine part of server-side deployment
(regular backups with copies off-site, etc etc).

Of course, server side deployment DOES make it considerably easier to
enjoy such crucial services, compared with client side deployment; but I
had not addressed such issues at all in my original posts on this thread
(in terms of "IP protection", a "fat client" with data kept client-side
might be just as suitable as a "thin client" for server-side
deployment... but it would be just as vulnerable as a wholly client-side
deployment to issues of [lack of] disaster planning etc).

So, I may perhaps be misunderstanding what you're saying about "my
solution"...?

Alex