Want to perform unattended installation of SW using python

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 13 06:30:01 EST 2005

28tommy wrote:
> I'm trying to automate an installation of some SW that is installed on
> Windows (you know - 'Start' ==> 'Next' ==> 'Next' ==> 'Finish' kind of
> installation). Is ther any way to perform that using python?

While that is possible in Python, it is very tedious to do: you
essentially have to generate mouse clicks for the application, using
the Win32 API.

Most packaging tools provide some support for unattended installation,
so I would rather research what options to pass to the installer to
make it non-interactive.

Regards,
Martin