Internal Variables

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Fri Nov 11 13:38:14 EST 2005

Hey everyone.  I hope I have my terminology right, because I'm not quite
sure what to call them.  I was just wondering how I can find information
in internal variables (for example - and I'm just making this up -
__version__ to give me the version of Python.)  The only reason I ask is
that I'm trying very hard to search for information and can't find
anything.  Perhaps the information I'm looking for isn't even contained
in variables but rather some other sort of object.  Basically, I just
want to know how from within a script I can get information about the
python interpreter that I'm running.  Thanks in advance.

James

--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free
state, THE RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE
INFRINGED." --United States Constitution, Second Ammendment