Hi, from my login i want to login as a other user ,

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 9 13:15:35 EST 2005

sumi wrote:
> Hi, i am very new to python , it is just 2 days i started reading abt
> it. I did not understand the above statement.  what i want to do is , i
> want to login as a super user eg :
> $su xyz , and then i need to enter the passwd, i want to do these steps
> using python , how can i do it??????????

Welcome to Python. The reference to the web page was intended to
indicate that you hadn't made your needs very clear.

Are you aware that "su" creates another process? Also, when it asks for
the password it works *very* hard to ensure that it reads *from the
keyboard* rather than just from standard input.

So, all in all, I'm not sure you really understand what you want to do -
this is not intended as criticism, just that you probably need to step
one pace back, look at things a little larger, and say something that
will give us a bit more context, like:

"My boss tells me we have to be able to run admin commands from inside
the order processing suite. Can anyone tell me how to do this?".

If you *do* understand what you want to do then I'm afraid you still
need to explain yourself more clearly.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119