HTML generation vs PSP vs Templating Engines

pkassianidis at gmail.com pkassianidis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:31:30 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

I am in the process of writing my very first web application in Python,
and I need a way to
generate dynamic HTML pages with data from a database.  I have to say I
am overwhelmed
by the plethora of different frameworks, templating engines, HTML
generation tools etc that
exist. After some thought I decided to leave the various frameworks
aside for the
time being and use mod_python.publisher along with some means of
generating HTML on
the fly.
Could someone that has used all the different ways mentioned above for
dynamic HTML
content, suggest what the pros and cons of the different methods are?

  Thank you very much in advance

                  Panos