Python as Guido Intended

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Thu Nov 24 08:09:50 EST 2005

Op 2005-11-24, Simon Brunning schreef <simon.brunning at gmail.com>:
> On 24 Nov 2005 11:30:04 GMT, Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote:
>> > But he's consistently a
>> > better judge of language design than I am, and in all likelihood
>> > better than you, too. If you like Python, it's 'cos you like the
>> > decisions he's made over many years.
>>
>> So, that makes that about a lot of things we think alike. Remains
>> the question about whose ideas are better about the things we
>> disagree.
>
> It might remain for *you* to see the answer to that question. I susp
> ect that most of us have answered it to our own satisfaction long since.

<Shrug> There was a time that Guido and I disagreed about the ternary
operator. I'm sure people then also answered the question who of us was
wrong to their satisfaction. In the mean time Guido seems to have
changed his mind.

The way it looks to me right now, is that python is evolving the way
I like it to evolve, even if newsgroup members in general oppose those
ideas when I defend them in the newsgroup.

--
Antoon Pardon