3-dimensional plot in Python?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:28:12 EST 2005

Frithiof Andreas Jensen wrote:
> "Robert Kern" <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.694.1132061080.18701.python-list at python.org...
>
>>Those interfaces are long since deprecated. Please use matplotlib instead.
>>
>>http://matplotlib.sf.net
>
> "Long since" being .... When?
>
> I recently installed SciPy and it did not say anything about "deprecated"!

Only xplt ever got much developer TLC. For the past year or two,
whenever someone comes to the mailing list asking about some problem
with {x,g,wx}plt, we've been referring them to matplotlib. During the
transition to the new scipy_core, all of them have been moved to the
sandbox/ directory and won't be returning. If you're using xplt, some
people mentioned that they might be interested in maintaining it, but it
will have to be forked off into it's own project.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter