General question about Python design goals

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Nov 29 00:52:25 EST 2005

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:
>>Then feel free to submit patches for the docs.
> This is easy to say, and maybe the docs maintainers are accomodating,
> but I'd be the average reader wouldn't have a concept of how a "patch"
> should be prepared.

>From what's been said here before, the doc committers aren't picky
about getting patches. That requires learning whatever doc format they
use, and they understand that that's a pretty hefty burden for a one
or two-paragraph tweak on the documentation. So submitting docs in
English works. Submitting patches works *better*, but not doing so
doesn't consign your suggestions to oblivion.

        <mike