Python's website does a great disservice to the language

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 3 10:45:53 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> The Eternal Squire <eternalsquire at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>2)  Consider what he really wants for a supervisor of software
>>engineers.   Ideally such a person should be a software engineer with
>>at least 3 times the experience of the most junior member.  Such a
>

> I like the general idea but not your formula.  If the most junior team
> member was 1 month out of school, would it really be OK for the
> supervisor to be somebody who graduated 3 months ago?-)

FWIW, when I read it, I took "experience" as a semi-qualitative measure,
more than just "time since graduation."

Hence someone out of school only three months could have more
"experience", than someone who has worked for ten years, if the recent
grad has been heavily involved in pre-graduation projects (e.g. open
source), or if the ten-year veteran has done nothing constructive with
his time, besides raking in a paycheck.