Any royal road to Bezier curves...?

Warren Francis just_another_guy287 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 23:33:36 EST 2005

I'm fairly new to Python (2-3 months) and I'm trying to figure out a simple
way to implement Bezier curves...  So far I've tried the following:

http://runten.tripod.com/NURBS/
...which won't work because the only compiled binaries are for Windows 2000,
python 2.1.  I'm on Windows XP (for now), using Python 2.4.  I downloaded
the source distribution, but the header files aren't included, so I'm not
sure how to compile it.

It appears there's some bezier functionality in the python that comes
Blender... but I'm not savvy enough yet to try and extract whatever makes
beziers work there, to make it work in my general-purpose Python programs.

Basically, I'd like to specify a curved path of an object through space.  3D
space would be wonderful, but I could jimmy-rig something if I could just
get 2D...  Are bezier curves really what I want after all?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  I've got some ideas I want to test,
but if I can't find a simple implementation of curves, I'm going to get so
bogged down in trying to do that part, I'll never get to what I'm excited
about. :-P

Warren