Map of email origins to Python list

Claire McLister mclister at zeesource.net
Mon Nov 7 21:43:21 EST 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:26 PM, Alan Kennedy wrote:

> Sure, please do make it available, or at least the geolocation
> component
> anyway. I'm sure you'll get lots of useful comments from the many
> clever
> and experienced folk who frequent this group.

I've made the script available on our downloads page at:

  http://www.zeesource.net/downloads/e2i

  Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it. Sorry to disappoint,
but we actually use a commercial service to convert from IP to
location. There are several of them available on the net, and we picked
this one after some testing. I think it has some location problems
(like putting Mountain View south of San Jose in California), but
otherwise seemed to be one of the better ones available.

> Don't be aggrieved at the negative comment you've received: I think
> what
> you're doing is fascinating.

Thanks.

> I look forward to the map with updated precision :-)

Me too. Please let me know how we should modify the script.