Python and MySQL

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Thu Nov 3 10:53:02 EST 2005

Thomas Bartkus wrote:
> But heck!  Now I'm looking at the /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages on a
> Mandrake Linux box.  No [_mysql.] pyd here! Fewer files overall and while
> there are other file extensions, everything seems to have a corresponding
> [.py].

I suspect you might find _mysql.so there. If you find any .pyd files I
think you can safely remove them, since Windows DLLs work poorly in
Linux anyway. Aren't you starting to suspect that you don't really know
what you are talking about in this particular case? Where is the pure
Python code that actually communicates with the database server? Have
you found a single line of code that actually does that? How does it
communicate? Isn't there an 'import _mysql' somewhere? Where is the
_mysql.py then?

What's this?
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mysql-python/MySQLdb/_mysql.c

What's this doing in setup.py?