OT - Re: Microsoft Hatred FAQ

venk venkatasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:28:45 EST 2005

Hi,
 Though out of the streamline, I find your post to be one of the most
reasonable and well-formed arguments I have read in a long time. Keep
it up. Great work.

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
Real standards, like TCP/IP which is the backbone of the Internet,
aren't
controlled by any one company. Anyone can create a TCP stack. Nobody
but
Microsoft can create a competing version of Windows. TCP/IP became a
standard long before Microsoft even acknowledged it's existence. So did
ASCII, the IBM BIOS, and serial ports, to name just a few. Does the
term
"ISO standard" mean anything to you?