wxPython Licence vs GPL

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Tue Nov 22 15:57:12 EST 2005

John Perks and Sarah Mount wrote:
> we have some Python code we're planning to GPL. However, bits of it were
> cut&pasted from some wxPython-licenced code to use as a starting point
> for implementation. It is possible that some fragments of this code
> remains unchanged at the end.

Well, you could always mail Robin and ask him.  There is a mailto bug on
     http://www.wxpython.org/contribute.php
I would, at the very least, acknowledge the wxPython origin of the code
whether any remains or not (credit is appreciated and cheap to give).
My preference is always to be asked unless I've already posted the
standard answer.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org