A way for closing an app monitor

elbertlev at hotmail.com elbertlev at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:42:54 EST 2005

//So my solution (need help on this) is that I have been thinking on
letting the monitor listen for socket connection. Through this, the
main app can tell him to close when the main app closes correctly. Do
you think this is well thought? Any suggestions?

This is the only solution you have to consider. If monitor and main
app. run on the same machine - does not matter, But when they run on
different machines and maybe in different domains... One more hint:
make monitor a listener (server), namely HTTP server. In this case you
will not have problems with proxyes/firewalls etc.