SOAP - Beginner Desperately looking for Help

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sat Nov 26 21:37:33 EST 2005

Rodney Garland wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a relative beginner to Python and am looking for help with sending and
> XML message and getting back a return file.  The server is:
>
> https://node.deq.state.or.us/node/node.asmx
>
> I have have successfully sent and recieved using the PING, AUTHENTICATE
> (send in username and password and return a secuirity token), SOLICIT(send
> in information for a query and get a number indicating the query),
> GETSTATUS(status of query) using SOAPpy.  I am using Python 2.4 on a Window
> XP machine.
>
> What I want to do now is download the result of my query using the DOWNLOAD
> method.  However, I cann't figure out how to do this.  I have tried SOAPpy
> and httplib and I cann't send the correct XML outgoing message.  Any help
> with this would be greatly appreciated.  Following is the needed outgoing
> XML file and my successful SOAPpy code.

Use wsdl2py(.py). It come with e.g. ZSI, but SOAPpy also use wsdltools -
which should include it. There is a WSDL given at the site, passing it
to wsdl2py results in type-definitions. Use these as arguments to
download - hopefully, that helps. I wanted to attach these - however,
taht didn't work for NNTP, so I mail them to you.

This whole mess is another reason to depsise SOAP and stick to xmlrpc or
better CORBA, btw.

Regards,

Diez