Python music interfaces

James Harris no.email.please
Thu Nov 10 16:06:22 EST 2005

Hi,

I am wanting to develop some software that

    a) Reads existing files of music of a few well known types
    b) Displays the music in traditional notation - i.e. on a stave
    c) Displays the same music in my own notation that I am playing with
    d) Allows both to be printed

I guess I can use Python with Tk for the display part but there seems to
be a plethora/cornucopia of Python music interfaces. (For example,
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonInMusic>.) I'd appreciate if you
could recommend which would be good for me to look at in order to do the
above.

--
TIA,
James