Importing Modules

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Nov 2 08:23:47 EST 2005

Walter Brunswick wrote:
> The purpose is rather irrelevant.

The purpose of something is not only relevant but essential when someone
asks for the "best" way to do it.

For example, without knowing anything of your purpose, I could simply
say that writing a module with a series of import statements, one per
module in the target subdirectory, is the "best" way, and I could easily
defend that as "best" against all other possible approaches until we
knew what the real reason for doing this was.

(Your extra detail on the regex thing makes it clear that the above
approach would not be "best", but I think that just goes to show that
until we know why you want this, we cannot possibly answer your question
properly.)

-Peter