Python under Citrix Metaframe

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Nov 21 02:11:49 EST 2005

"Xaver Hinterhuber" <xaver.hinterhuber at web.de> wrote:

>I wanted to use python under Citrix Metaframe.
>After installation of the ActivePython 2.4.1 msi-File, printing under Citrix
>Metaframe no longer worked.

That seems incredible unlikely.  Are you talking about printing to a
printer on the server, or printing to a printer on the local machine?  Did
you change to "/install" mode to do the installation, and then switch back
to "/execute" mode?

Printing to a local printer under Citrix is always a pain in the rear, but
Python doesn't have anything to do with that.

>Do you use python under Citrix Metaframe?
>What problems did you encounter?

I've used Python extensively with Microsoft's Terminal Services.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.