Newb ??

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Wed Nov 9 12:47:24 EST 2005

:
>> > Hi all,  I am new to the group.  Trying to learn Python programming on my
>> > own.  I am working through Michael Dawson's Book Python Programming for the
>> > absolute beginner.
>> >
>> > I am tring to write a program that is a number guessing game.  I want to be
>> > able to give the user 5 tries to guess the number before the program ends.

< snip >

I am also working my way slowly through this book which I find quite
challenging. What I am thinking about at the moment is how to program for
the computer to guess the number which I select. I know it can be done but
I suspect it requires an approach which I have not yet learnt. I would
welcome suggestions on the best way to approach this problem.

Norman