gmpy 1.01 rc near... anybody wanna test>

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 7 12:46:26 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>
>>I tried compiling it with the MS free toolkit but the C compile
>>complains about the absence of "gmp.h". Since I see such a header in my
>>Cygwin installation I presume it's something that a full VC7
>>installation could expect to be present.
>

> gmp.h is the header of GMP, the GNU library that gmpy wraps.  It appears
> to be preinstalled on Cygwin, from what you mention, but I'm pretty sure
> Microsoft doesn't preinstall GPL-covered libraries from GNU with THEIR
> stuff... a suitable Windows version need to be procured and installed in
> some other way (having no Windows around I'm hard put to suggest what is
> the best way to do this these days).
>

>>So I'm afraid you might need someone with access to VC to test this on
>>Windows for you, sorry.
>

> Tx for the attempt, but I don't think VC per se will suffice -- somebody
> needs to build or find a suitable version of GMP for Windows, too.

Yes indeed. I took a look at the gmplib source distro, but it would mean
installing way too much other stuff to be practical right now,
unfortunately.

As a consolation prize you might like to know that it appears to build
and pass all tests happily under Cygwin. Sorry I can't be more help.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119