where to download md5.py?

Bell, Kevin kevin.bell at slcgov.com
Wed Nov 2 13:45:40 EST 2005

"Bell, Kevin" wrote:

> I've been looking around, but haven't found a place to download the
> md5.py module.  I need it to run the dupinator.py

--------------------------------
Fredick replied:
md5 is a standard Python module (written in C).  it's been in Python
since
the early ages, so if you don't have it, your install is most likely
broken (per-
haps intentionally, based on this: http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/199 )

if the dupinator you're talking about is this script:

    http://svn.red-bean.com/bbum/trunk/hacques/dupinator.py

you can probably make it work by replacing all references to the "md5"
module with "sha".  (if that module isn't available either, it's time to
talk to your system administrators)

That article was soooo far over my head that I laughed out loud.

I don't have sha either, but my system administrators don't know a thing
about python.  How would they block it?  That is the dupinator that I'm
talking about.  Where would md5 and sha be if they were there?
C:\Python24\Lib?   I've got md5sum.