linking one extension module to another (Mac OSX)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 22 00:48:53 EST 2005

Simon Burton wrote:
> I'm having some trouble linking one extension module to another because
> the linker expects a "lib" prefix and my python modules cannot have
> this prefix.

This is a Good Thing (tm) :-) Don't link extension modules to each
other; this is really asking for trouble. Instead, come up with a
function pointer API in one module, put that into a CObject, and
access the CObject through import statements.

Alternatively, make both extension modules link to the same
backend library.

Regards,
Martin