weird problem with os.chmod

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Nov 12 14:43:03 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:53:17 +0100, "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
[...]
>int is designed for humans, not C programmers.  humans tend to view
>e.g. "08" as a valid decimal number (*), not a ValueError.
[...]
></F>
>
>*) unless you're living in sweden, in which case "08" is quite often used
>as an insult.

I am always curious about languages, and considering my name, I think I'd
like to know this definition ;-) Is it telephone-exchange-related?
Or a police code for something? Can you say, delicately?
(jag stavar daligt, men det gar bra pa Svenska om det ar omogligt at oversatta ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter