about sort and dictionary

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Thu Nov 24 05:52:28 EST 2005

rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
> "do things right" is my fundamental beef with Python.
> Dispite claims, I don't believe Python's designers have
> a monopoly on the definition of "right".

"This hammer is stupid. It's very uncomfortable, and
it's not hard and heavy enough to get the nails into
the wall."

"It will work better if you hold it in the other end."

"Don't tell me how to hold my hammer. It's just built
wrong. This cold and hard thing should be in the other
end!"

;^)

Seriously, it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's
a matter of trying to understand how a tool is intended
to be used, and to adjust to that. I'm not saying that
all Python programmers should be some kind of Guido
clones, there's plenty of room for variation, but it
usually pays to be adaptable. Python fits my brain.
I felt that from the start. YMMV.