gmpy 1.01 binaries for the mac

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Sun Nov 13 19:37:59 EST 2005

I've added to gmpy.sf.net two binary packages of gmpy for Mac OS X 10.4,
one for the Python 2.3.5 that comes with the system and one for Bob
Ippolito's build of 2.4.1.  They still need GMP to be previously
installed (I'm told the one that comes with fink works; I installed my
own from sources, from the GMP's site at swox.com), and they're .tar.gz
packages requiring unpacking with tar xzf from the Terminal -- so, not
very Mackish -- but they may still help if you don't want to install
Apple's free and powerful XCode (which IS currently an 800+ MB download,
after all) and still want to play with gmpy's functionality on your
Mac's Python, I hope.

Let me know if there's interest in me eventually doing a better job of
Mac packaging... while I have a hard time getting ahold of Windows
machines, and particularly suitable development systems for them, I _am_
rather full of Macs (& dev systems for them;-)...

Alex