Forcing the position of scroll bars on a wxTextCtrl

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Wed Nov 2 13:50:31 EST 2005

Someone who's probably not really called Clans Of Intrigue wrote:
> Hello, this is my first post here so apologies if it's in the wrong
> place, inappropriate or embarrassingly stupid - please let me know :)

No, that's ok. The wxpython mailing list might give better answers though.

> My problem seems quite simple - I've redirected stdout to a wxTextCtrl,
> so that any trace messages appear in a log window at the bottom of my
> app.  The problem is that whenever I update the text, the scrollbar
> resets to the top - i.e. to the earliest log message.  What I really
> want it to do is reset to the bottom, so that the most recent log
> messages are on screen.

It's a few years since I coded wx, but I guess you should do
something along the lines of:

self._ctrl.ShowPosition(self._ctrl.GetLastPosition())

Don't mess manually with the scroll bars (I think).

(I know I've gone through this once...)