Dictionary of tuples from query question

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 14 00:55:05 EST 2005

Hi.  I am interested in having results from a db query in the following
form.

{1: (value0, value1, value2,), 2: (value0, value1, value2,), 3:
(value0, value1, value2,)}

so I generate a dictionary of tuples (field values) dynamically so if I
queried a table with five fields I would have five fields in my tuple
and if I had 20 fields in my query, I would have 20 fields in my tuple,
etc.

Note that the dict starts at 1 and not zero.  From the code below, the
structure I have currently is:

{1: {0:value0, 1:value1, 2:value2}, 2: {0:value0, 1:value1, 2:value2},
3: {0:value0, 1:value1, 2:value2}}

My code so far. I guess my problem is how to generate a tuple
dynamically when it is immutable?

Many thanks
David

cursor = db.cursor()