which feature of python do you like most?

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Tue Nov 8 19:57:35 EST 2005

zelzel.zsu at gmail.com wrote:

> which feature of python do you like most?
>
> I've heard from people that python is very useful.
> Many people switch from perl to python because they like it more.
>
> I am quite familiar with perl, I've don't lots of code in perl.
> Now, I was curious and interested in the python people.
> They certainly made their best choice from perl to python.

I wrote a few programs in perl that I thought were quite nice.  I loved
the flexibility and powerful expressions.  But then when I went back to
those programs several months later, I couldn't (easily) figure out what
I did.  That was enough to turn me off of perl.

> but i have no interesting python experence before, thought i've read a
> few chapters
> of a python tutorial book. The things are much like the perl one.
>
> I have no idea why people are so facinating with python.
> So I post this question:  What do you use in your dairy work with
> python?
> what is the thing that python makes you happy?

What I like most about Python is how many times the best way to solve a
problem turns out to be how I thought of doing it in the first place.

For example, instead of using index's and arrays and defining structures
for handling data, I can usually just iterate through a list of stuff
and make changes as I go. Which is most likely how .... see above. ;-)