What do you use as symbols for Python ?

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Thu Nov 10 15:01:37 EST 2005

Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote:
> Well, thank you all !
>
> I still feel it could be good for Python to have some kind of symbols
> built in, and I will try to expose that to the python-dev list, to see
> their reaction.
>
> But in the different solutions proposed, the one I prefer is probably
> the definitions of contants in a class to group them. Simple and
> organized, I like it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre
A suggestion: There are enough PyDev-ers who read this list that you
needn't bother talking over there (it will be resented).  If you want
to pursue it farther, either submit an RFE with a fairly thorough
explanation of why this is useful, or write and carry a PEP through
about it.  This suggestion is neither new nor unique (many people
used to other languages suggest it as they come to Python), so you
probably will have to have quite persuasive arguments.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org