FTP over TLS

adam adam_goucher at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:13:03 EST 2005

I'm not 100% sure whether this answers your problem, but I would ignore
getting a special TLS module and just concentrate on the ftp side of
the protocol. If your connection to your ftp server must be in TLS, you
could modify you socket module similar to how I have using this diff
(against 2.3.4) as inspiration.

http://www.ninjatactics.com/python/ssl-patch.txt

This way, you only need to worry about one thing, not two. I suspect
then your program flow would become
1) FTP client contacts server, sends command requesting secure
connection.
2) Server responds by sending some sort of request for SSL
3) SSL your socket to the FTP server
4) Continue on your merry FTP way.

-adam