Getting Python Accepted in my Organisation

Chris F.A. Johnson cfajohnson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:55:48 EST 2005

On 2005-11-04, bonono at gmail.com wrote:

> Alex Martelli wrote:
>> It would still be easier to respond to your posts if you didn't
>> top-post, though (i.e., if you didn't put your comments BEFORE what
>> you're commenting on -- that puts the "conversation" in a weirdly
>> distorted order, unless one give up on quoting what you're commenting
>> on, or invests a lot of time and energy in editing...;-).
>>

> oops. I developed this habit because I found I like to read it this
> way. As I usually would read just the first few lines to see if I
> want to read on. top post serve me well for this purpose. And I
> assume other may also find my stuff not worth reading and skip quick
> so why force them to scroll all the way down?

   If I want to read that way, I just tell my newsreader not to
   display the quoted material (actually it displays the first line of
   each block).

   Or I press TAB to jump to the next original material.

> I would only do in-line response type when there is a need for
> specific response in context.

    If there's not, why would you quote anything?

--
  Chris F.A. Johnson                   | Author:
  <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>          |      Shell Scripting Recipes: