Python for .NET and IronPython

Wed Nov 2 16:19:40 EST 2005

Hi all. I'm currently learning C#, and I'm also interested in learning
Python (all of this just for fun, mind you), so it seems like a decent
idea to want to integrate the two. But I don't quite understand the
difference between these two Python implementations and I was hoping
someone could explain.

Does either one require learning something different than the core
Python language? With IronPython, would you actually be writing .NET
code? I know Python for .NET is treated as a true language in the CLR,
but I don't quite grasp what all this means for each language, and what
the learning process for either language would be like as a result.

Thanks,
John