Forced to Embed?

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Tue Nov 1 09:25:25 EST 2005

Lloyd wrote:
> As far as I can tell I have to export these all in one massive module as
> there is no way for the different python modules to directly communicate
> with each other?

I don't see how this is a Python issue. If you can make these modules
into shared objects / dynamically linked libraries, and make a C++
application use them as such, you should be able to get this to work
even if the main program is a Python program that imports them via
a wrapper, right? Or is there something I missed? (I'm no expert in
writing extensions.)

I know that it's possible to mess up C/C++ code in such a way that
dynamic linking requires a major rewrite, but I don't see that this
has anything to do with Python except that you got two bright ideas
at the same time: Use Python as main and modularize the code better.

I guess you *should* pull up your sleeves and clean up your code, but
it's not always that we get the time to do what we should...