tkinter and cygwin

gh14tq5 at yahoo.com gh14tq5 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 06:18:09 EST 2005

Hi,

I've recently started learning python programming and have been
experimenting with a few basic GUI programs.  My work system is
cygwin/Windows XP.  I use X-windows in cygwin but when I run my
python/tkinter program from an x-win terminal , a normal XP window is
opened up.  Any text output from the program of course shows up in the
terminal I started the program from.  Is there a way to make python open
up a window in the X display instead of an XP window?  It's really
annoying because if I click on another window or terminal in the
X-window screen, the X-window display will then cover up the python GUI.

Thanks,
John