WTF?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Nov 1 18:29:11 EST 2005

On 2005-11-01, James Stroud <jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 14:26, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2005-11-01, James Stroud <jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> > Why do my posts get held for suspcious headers
>> Held?  It's not a moderated group...
>
> And I quoteth (that's King James for "cuteth-and-pasteth"):

Nope.  IIRC, Jacobean English first person doesn't add a suffix
onto the verb, so it's the same as modern English: "I quote".
The "eth" suffix is used for the third-person singular form of
regular verbs: "He quoteth".

>> Your mail to 'Python-list' with the subject

Ah yes.  I forgot that some of the postings to
comp.lang.pythong are gatewayed from a mailing list.  I still
don't get why anybody would choose e-mail over an NNTP server
for stuff like this.

I don't even use e-mail for the mailing lists I do subscribe
to: www.gmane.org.  If a mailing list refuses to be carried by
gmane, I figure I can do without it.  [There was one mailing
list of the dozen or so that I used to subscribe to that
refused to be carried by gmane. That mailing list now does
without me.]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm sitting on my
                                  at               SPEED QUEEN... To me,