AJAX => APAX? Or: is there support for python in browsers?

Michael Schneider michaelschneider at fuse.net
Wed Nov 16 12:08:00 EST 2005

Alex,

Good point.   Can python be used to write firefox extensions that could
be called from javascript?

1) javascript would come in on the HTML page
2) javascript would communication with the Extension API
3) the extension would be written in python

That way, you would only need to make your extension's API safe to the wild.

It would require the user to download an extension, but flash, et all
seem to do ok.

Is this possible today?

Thanks
Mike

PS.  Sorry for my ignorance on this, I am a client-side developer,
trying to explore serious client development.

--
The greatest performance improvement occurs on the transition of from
the non-working state to the working state.