PyFLTK - an underrated gem for GUI projects

Bugs dont at spam.me
Mon Nov 7 16:16:18 EST 2005

Roger Binns wrote:

> It is possible to make the wxPython smaller by having more DLLs each with
> fewer widgets in it.  That way you will only suck in the ones you use.

I find this VERY interesting Roger, I've been contemplating making such
a request to the maintainer of wxPython (when he gets back).  It would
be ideal if there was some way to break up the wx library into smaller
logical chucks so as little of wx as possible is distributed when
utilizing tools such as py2exe.  Plus, there are parts of wx that aren't
wrapped by the wxPython classes that don't need to go anyways.
Do you have any more information to share on this Roger?
Thanks!